Following the Welsh Liberal Democrat budget deal, the Welsh Government has announced funding for the further redevelopment of Llandrindod Wells War Memorial Hospital.
The Health Secretary approved Powys Health Board's business case for a total of £6.6million of Welsh Government funding - £2.3million has already been spent on improvements to the roof and birthing centre.
Funding will be used to:
- Extend and relocate current outpatient facilities
- Improve patient waiting areas
- Provide improved accommodation for day case, endoscopy and dental departments
- Make further improvements to the newly configured Birth Centre
- Provide relocated and improvement dental department
- Enhance the hospital main entrance and reception
"It was great to see investment in Llandrindod Hospital continuing and increasing. The money spent so far has already made a difference, and I look forward to seeing further improvements and the benefits they will bring to people in Mid Wales.